CPD rules in South Australia
- It is a requirement that an individual legal practitioner must complete 10 CPD units of CPD activity in each year beginning on 1 April to the following 31 March.
- A CPD activity
- Must be of significant intellectual or practical content primarily related to the practice of law; and
- Be relevant to the immediate or long-term professional development needs of the legal practitioner undertaking it; and
- The 10 CPD units must include at least 1 unit each of the following Required CPD activity relating to:
- Practical legal ethics
- Practice management of business skills
- Professional skills
- One hour of attendance at a seminar workshop lecture, conference, educational program or course or discussion group will attract 1 CPD unit.
- One hour of viewing or listening to, or preparing material for seminar audio and video recorded material will attract 1 CPD unit. In calculating the minimum of 10 CPD units of CPD activity in respect of a CPD year, the total units must not include more than 5 CPD units of this type of CPD activity.
- CPD units completed in January, February or March of a CPD year, may be assigned to either that CPD year or to the next CPD year.
- An individual legal practitioner must maintain and retain for 3 years a written record of CPD activities undertaken, material indicating the nature of each CPD activity undertaken and a record that the practitioner undertook each activity.
- Attending a live web seminar entitles a practitioner to claim the same number of points as attending the seminar in person.
For full details on the South Australian CPD rules please visit The Law Society of South Australia.
sign up to our updates
To keep informed of our upcoming seminars that are right for you
"Great, fantastic to see such esteemed authorities on the subject area all gathered together and contributing/engaging with each other’s presentations."
Delegate - Use of Indigenous Land: The Legal Issues, Sydney, November 2017
, Use of Indigenous Land: The Legal IssuesRead more testimonials