CPD rules in Western Australia
- Each certificated practitioner and each government lawyer must earn a minimum of 10 CPD points in each CPD period, across the four competency areas:
- Competency Area 1: Practice Management
- Competency Area 2: Professional Skills
- Competency Area 3: Ethics or Professional Responsibility
- Competency Area 4: Substantive Law
- The minimum number of points a practitioner is required to ear each year for interactive activities is 6 points.
- WA practitioners may claim 1 CPD point for each complete 60 minutes of electronic activity, including seminar audio and video recordings, up to a maximum of 4 points per CPD year.
- Attending a live online web seminar entitles a practitioner to claim the same number of points as attending the seminar in person.
- The maximum number of points that a practitioner may earn for attending a conference, course or other event comprising one or more interactive CPD activities is 6 points.
- Interactive and publishing point requirements - The minimum number of points a practitioner is required to earn each year for interactive activities is 6 points and for publishing activities is 5 points.
For full details of the Western Australian CPD requirements please visit the Legal Practice Board of Western Australia
sign up to our updates
To keep informed of our upcoming seminars that are right for you
"Great, fantastic to see such esteemed authorities on the subject area all gathered together and contributing/engaging with each other’s presentations."
Delegate - Use of Indigenous Land: The Legal Issues, Sydney, November 2017
, Use of Indigenous Land: The Legal IssuesRead more testimonials